Are you looking for tasty yummy chicken food? Then Chicken pulao will be an excellent option for you. Honestly, the Chicken pulao is a finger-licking spicy dish made keeping in mind the satiating blend of chicken, Basmati rice, Garam Masala. That is perfect for a quick meal where everything is put into one pan, and the result is delicious, flavorful pulao.
My all Ingredient and accessories:
However, here are some of the all masala online that you will get more comfortable with and I love to make for my weekday meals-
1.Salt 2.Shah Jeera 3.Bay leaf 4.Coriander powder 5.Fennel powder 6.Garam Masala powder 7.Oil 8.Ghee 9.Mini Garlic Chopper Mincer Cutter 10.Onion slicer
About This Recipe
If you are searching for Biryani but need something quick and easy, then Chicken Pulao is the best option for you to my rescue. Even it is known as Chicken Tahri. The chicken pulao is a finger-licking one-pot chicken, and rice meal made suing rice and is mildly flavored.
The chicken pulao taste is wow your favorite biryani but is a lighter version of the same without any confusion. While our simple usual biryani has some layers, but this chicken pulao, I have mixed everything to make a one-pot meal.
However, with simple ingredients and very little time, it is the perfect service that is good for weekday dinner or occasion. That is not heavy like Biryani but taste as just wow.
Ingredients for Chicken Pulao:
- Here we take chicken with bones- 750 gms
- Basmati Rice- 500 gms
To marinate Chicken for tasty:
- Take salt- 1tsp
- Need Turmeric powser- 1/2tsp
- Gest for good small need juice of ½ small lemon
- All Garam Masala :
- Need green cardamom- 5
- Cinnamon- 2
- Bay leaf-3
- Black cardamom-2
- Shahejeera- ½ tsp.
- Fennel powder – 1 tsp
- Green chilies- 2 ( optional )
- Mint leaves chopped -1 cup ( optional )
- Yogurt- 5 tbsp
- Coriander powder- 4 tsp
- Coriander leaves- 1 cup
- Garam Masala powder- 1 tsp
- Onions sliced- 6.
Grind to make Paste :
- Take Gringer- 1 piece
- Garlic- 10 cloves
- green chilies- 3 ( As you wish )
- Ghee- 1 or 2 tsp
- Oil- 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Fred cashew nuts – a handful
Preparation for Chicken Pulao:
- First, you need to wash and clean the chicken pieces and add all the items for proper marinating. Then correctly and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Next, wash and soak the basmati rice in a bowl for around 30 minutes to get for good smell.
- And made a green paste of the Ginger, green chilies, and Garlic indicated above in a grinder.
- Take out the Mint leaves and slide both the mint and coriander leaves. Slit the green chilies.
- Fry the onions slices in 1 cup oil until golden brown.
- And half of the birsta and crush the fry onions with your hands or rough grind it. Set aside the balance fried onions for use later.
How to make Chicken Pulao?
- Take a heavy bottom flat cooking pot and heat 4 tbsps oil. When hot the pot, add the whole Garam Masala or spices.
- Wait for it to splutter, and then add the ginger-chili paste made earlier.
- Need fry for the all masala for 2 mins on low heat until it comes with brown color and then adds the chicken.
- Then, fry the chicken on medium heat for 5 minutes until the Chicken is lightly browned.
- Now add the Coriander and Fennel powder, and mix well and fry all masala and chicken for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Need you to make sure the chicken pieces are coated well with the masala.
- Add 1/ 2 cup mint leaves, roughly torn, and mix fry for few minutes.
- Then, lower the flame to a minimum, and add the beaten curd and the crushed fried onions. Mix perfectly.
- And cook on low heat for around 10 minutes, often mixing until the spices have combined perfectly and leave oil.
- Now, add hot water. For five gms basmati rice, you will need to add 900 ml of water to the pan. ( very important process it)
- At this moment, give a mix and add salt, Garam masala powder, finely chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves and slit green chilies.
- Mix perfectly. And let the water come to a boil.
- After a few minutes, add the Basmati rice, mix well, cover, and cook on a medium flame for around 5 minutes.
- By this moment, almost all of the water should have dry; for this reason, turn it once gently, add most fried onions, and turn again.
- Now cover and cook for another 5 mins on low flame.
- Now, at this moment, I need to add 1 tsp ghee.
- And finally, garnish with fried cashew nuts and serve.
You can get here our others recipe
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the different Chicken Pulao and Chicken Biryani
Generally, Chicken Pulao is a one pot meal that gets ready in half hours, whereas Chicken Biryani has a lengthy process and is time-consuming.
When you are cooking Chicken Biryani, there are layers of Chicken Masala, Flavored rice, Fried Onions, etc.
And everything is cooked separately and then cooked together once more on dum, but when you want to cook Chicken Pulao, it is a mish-mash of everything.
Get for a tasty meal; you put everything together, cook, and your Chicken Pulao is ready. Now you can serve professionally!
Which Rice to use for Chicken Pulao best?
I use long Basmati Rice to make my Chicken Pulao, too, as they are aromatic and turn out fluffy and separate. But it is optional; you can make this pulao in any rice that you have handy.
On the other hand, you can use other healthy alternatives such as Couscous, Brown Rice, Broken wheat instead of white rice to make this tasty Chicken Pulao.
Can you use Mutton or other meat to make this Pulao?
Why not. If Mutton loves you and uses Mutton instead of Chicken to make the Pulao, the cooking time will differ because Mutton can take longer than Chicken to cook.
Even, you can use fish or egg instead of chicken in this recipe.