Jump to Recipe
If you’re hungry with the my name of ‘biryani’ and my favorite one is this chicken Titka biryani.
Prepared with passion for the culinary lagacy of the Nizams, the chicken biryani recipe is made with the choicest basmati rice, fried onions, yogurt, marinated chicken and more.
Layers of a spicy chicken masala topped with whole spices flavoured rice, ghee, yogurt, green chilli and lots of fried onions.
The birayani is made using two ways. Both these variations are slightly different from each other but the end result in both in phenomenal.
Ingredients for Chicken Tikka Biryani
At first need: For making Chicken Tikkas:
- Take Boneless chicken- 600 gms( must need cut into large Tikka pieces).
- Marination for tasty-
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Gringer Garlic paste -2 or 3 tsp
- Lemon Juice- 2 tsp
- Thick curd- 4 tbsp
- Garam Masala- 2 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli powder- 4.5 tsp
- And finally need refined oil- 2 tbsp
For making the yummy Gravy:
1.Onions, slice- 2 2.Yogurt- 3 tbsp 3.Tomato Puree- 5 tbsp 4.Ginger Garlic paste- 1.5 tsp 5.Turmeric powder- 2 tsp 6.Red chilli powder- 1tsp 7.Green chillies, chopped- 2 (totally optional) 8.Mint leaves- 2 tbsp 9.Salt- 3 tsp 11.Biryani Masala powder- 5 tsp 12.Coriander leaves, chopped- 2 tbsp 13.Water- 150 ml
Now Need For cooking the Rice:
- Take Basmati rice- 500 gms
- Greem cardamom- 4
- Cloves- 4
- Chinnamon- 2
- Shahjeera- 1 / 2 tsp
- Water- 1.5 litres
- Salt- 1.5 tbsp
For the Biryani:
- You need saffron milk- 10- 12 saffron strands socked in warm milk
- And mint leaves- 2 tbsp
Preparation For Cooking:
So, now to marinate, use chicken Tikka pieces from boneless thigh pieces and as per your preference.
Then marinate the all chicken tikkas with items specified and mix well. Keep the marinate for 1 hour.
- In this process take 2 cup of warm milk and soak 10-12 saffron strands. Mix it with a spoon and set aside.
- Slice 3 onions and chop the green chilies, coriander leaves, and mint leaves.
- Now wash and soak the rice for half hour before cooking.
- Whisk the yogurt.
At First To cook the Chicken Tikkas:
- Head 2 tbsp oil in your pan and arrange the marinated tikkas side by side. Keep in mind, don’t crowd the pan, make it in 2 batches.
- Fry on high heat for 1-2 mins, flips the tikkas on the other side and continue to fry on high heat for 2 mins on the other side.
- Now lip again on the other side and continue to fry on medium heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- And repeat the same for the next process too.
To make the Gravy:
Now you need heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and add the sliced onions. And fry on medium heat for around 10 mins till light brown color.
- Mix the Ginger Garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
- Then, add the tomato puree, and perfectly mix and fry on medium heat for a minute.
- Add all spice powder and salt to season. Cook on low heat for 3 mins.
- Now you need yogurt and cook on low heat while stirring for 3 mins till oil separates.
- Then, after mins add the chopped green chillies, coriander leaves and mint, give a mix and cook on low heat for 1 minutes.
- Finally add 150 water, give a mix and cook for 3 minutes till the gravy is thick and oil separates. Then set aside for use later.
How to make Chicken Tikka Biryani:
- You need wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes
- Boil the Basmatic rice 1.5 litres water in a pan on high flame.
- At this moment, add all the whole spices and 1.5 tbsp salt.
- Stir the water well to dissolve the salt completely. And the water must be very salty. ( Keep in mind )
- And strain the water & keep the rice aside on a big plate.
- When it comes to boil, now add the soaked rice and keep in high, turning it gently a few times till the rice is 90% done. It should take 8-9 mins.
After finish boil strain the water and keep the rice aside on a big plate or dish.
You can get here our others recipe
Finally to assemble the Biryani:
- You need take a flat bottom pot and brush with 1 tsp ghee on the base of the pot.
- Then, arrange half of the cooked rice and spread the gravy uniformly on the rice.
- Keep the fired chicken tikkas side by side on top of the gravy.
- And add the mint leaves over the tikkas and spread the balance cooked rice over this.
- Then need add the saffron milk on the rice.
- Cover with a lid and cook covered on DUM on low head for 6 -10 minues
- Finally, let the biryani rest for 20 mins before mixing the rice and chicken evenly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a chicken tikka biryani?
Chicken Tikka Biryani is a very tasty meal, that marinated chicken breast with spiced rice and a tomato and yogurt sauce, topped with onions.
How to make it in Rice Cooker?
To make chicken biryani in a rice cooker or a medium pot, treat it exactly similar to the pan, and follow the same steps.
- Here you need cook the rice separately and layer it in the rice cooker for dum cooking.
- However, rice cooker traps a lot of steam and that will helps to cook the chicken through.
- Does Chicken Titka Biryani has potatoes?
When you cook vegetarian biryani, then you can add in potatoes. But if you cook non veg chicken biryanis. potatoes are not added. Because potatoes are generally added in Bnagali Meat biryani.
Actually, chicken biryani comes with 3 to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. So, heat the meal perfectly, before serving. And if you have a lot of portion, heat only the amount you want to serve.
Even you can freeze the food for about a month. You just let it cool down completely before freezing. Thaw the biryani overnight and heat it again, before serving.
The biryani can serve with yogurt or any raita of your favorite. So, I personally like to serve it with onions tomato, yogurt.
In India, it is served with Salad, and yogurt. So you can also serve it with any other vegetable salon of your favorite. Make any spicy thin curry to go with biryani.
On the other hand, do not forget to serve Double Ka Meetha or Shahi Tukda after this delicious Biryani meal.